Life has been a whirlwind lately! I’m three weeks into an exciting project, two weeks into another, and have been meeting up with new and old friends all across the city. We spent the last two weekends at the beach and plan to head in the opposite direction this weekend to explore the Columbia Gorge.
What will you be doing this weekend?
1. New-to-me Portland places that I’ve loved: Canteen, Produce Row, and Ned Ludd (pictured above)
2. The three-part Nature series Bears of the Last Frontier is worth watching
3. This recipe for garlic scape pesto is just delicious
4. National Geographic has a Tumblr for unpublished work in its archive
5. If you ever find yourself near Newport, Oregon, I recommend taking this kayak tour through the Beaver Creek wetlands
6. All hail the arrival of cherry season
7. Cinema 21 is still showing Joss Whedon’s fantastic Much Ado About Nothing
8. My ears are perked to the music of Kate Boy (below)