Last weekend found me once again in Proef, a restaurant in Amsterdam’s Westerpark that serves local, organic food that is in season and creatively prepared. The atmosphere is cozy and inviting and the meals are satisfying and delicious.
The concept of the restaurant, created by Marije Vogelzang, is perfectly executed. Small details fill the space, from a guest book at each table and the proud pitcher of Amsterdam tap water to the presentation of food and the bathroom decorations.
A salad almost too pretty to eat.
The Proefplank, a selection of vegetables served on a board.
Why not roast a marshmallow by the fire?
Chickens wander the gardens outside.
Weekend Links is a collection of the interesting bits and pieces that I’ve come across on the streets and online. The weekly post is my chance to share with you a few things from the week, in a list compiled during the weekend. I hope you enjoy them as well.
A few things I enjoyed this week:
1. Seeing the winners of the annual World Press Photo contest http://bit.ly/gYoXnh
2. Listening to an NPR interview with Over the Rhine (pictured above), a band whose music brings back memories of a Boston winter and a corner room
3. Tasting Afghan food for the first time at Mantoe
4. Watching the Chinese New Year celebrations in this short video (via wearethedigitalkids)
5. Browsing the collection at La Rosa Curiosa, a little vintage clothing store that is quickly becoming a favorite in Amsterdam (pictured below, image via bheart)
6. Watching this video of the celebrations in Egypt
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Afghan, Amsterdam, Boston, food, La Rosa Curiosa, music, NPR, Over the Rhine, photography, restaurant, weekend links, World Press Photo